Monday 5 December 2011

Japanese Interior- My first Set Modelling


This is the first completed set model  that I have done using Maya. I did it in the first year of my college as part of the studies and this is the final render I have given. The render was done in Mental Ray. I did this when I had little knowledge about Maya and what it is capable of. As you can see its a Japanese interior that I have tried to make. I got the idea of making Japanese interior  from the game called Hitman : Silent Assassin- one of my all time favorite. At first I thought I would make a Dojo, but the concept was already taken by one of my classmate and so I decided to make just something Japanese and that's how I ended up doing this.
I took screen shots from the game itself for references and also relied on some other reference pictures from Internet. The modelling was pretty easy but the lighting seemed to be a tough job at that time. Modeling the Katana was really fun and also I enjoyed doing the texturing. I was able to study a lot like different unwrapping techniques and that was the time I really came to know the concept of unwrapping and texturing. The texture used are downloaded- didn't had enough time to make and I'm not good with Photoshop-such as wood textures. However some of them were made such as the textures on the carpet and cushions- I know, it's simple. After this model, my attention went to cars and started modeling many and after that I haven't really tried making a set except during my Second year project.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment