Saturday 17 December 2011

Requiescat in Pace

This week was spent playing and trying out new games such as Assassins Creed Revelations (ACR) and Saints Row :The Third and finished the former. I have been a hardcore fan of the Assassins Creed franchise since I played its first part. The plot and the storyline is so interesting and moving that we would ask ourselves "OMFG is that all true....?" Believe me I have asked it to myself a million times whenever I played it's series.
I remember when I and Allen-my college mate and a Game Designer- tried to tell the story of Assassins Creed Series to another friend who haven't played it. We found it's not that easy because it says a lot some of it takes lots of thinking to digest and if any of  the so called gamers haven't played any of the Assassins Creed Series, sorry to say you ain't one.
Regarding the game play, it's the best Ubisoft have done so far in this frachise. There are many great changes that have been done such as introducing the concept of Hook Blade and Bombs. Hook blade is the coolest thing in the game and the gliding through zipline is a real fun. The plot is Constantinople and what we've to do is somewhat similar to what we've done in Assassins Creed Brotherhood (ACB). Like eradicating the enemies (Templars) influence from different districts which is similar to doing the same with Borgia's in ACB and also renovating the districts.
Ubisoft has taken the ACB's combat moves to a next level in ACR. There are several brutal combos (different with each weapon types), the best I have seen in this franchise. If you are a psychopath gamer, you should play this.
I really admire the way Ubisoft have brought up such a great concept and putting up such an awesome story to back it up. The soundtracks by Jesper Kyd and Lorne Balfe gets you back to those ages and feel is so immense that you won't forget this game in your lifetime. I hope all Assassins Creed fans also would feel the same.The story, like all other Assassins Creed Series doesn't disappoint at any point despite the fact that it's the end of Ezio's story. It's like what Ubisoft says "The End of An Era".

No comments:

Post a Comment