Saturday 11 February 2012

Experimenting the Hair in Maya...!!

I have said in one of my previous posts that I made a warrior helmet in Maya. Yes, like the one we see in 300. So yesterday I tried using the hair system in Maya on the helmet. I haven't implemented hair on any of my models before. So this is the first time I'm using it somewhere. Here is a screenshot.

The hair system in 59th frame during playback

I used Paint Hair tool on a plane with output as paint effects. I increased the hair counts per clump and the scale. I also changed the color of the hair and had to adjust the stiffness of the hair. My laptop choked when I switched on self collision and ground collision. The render wasn't that great but it was nice to see the animation when I hit the play button.

No comments:

Post a Comment