Saturday 12 November 2011

The Guide...!!

Well...yesterday (Nov 11) was kinda hectic. My sister came to Chennai yesterday for attending an exam on today (Nov 12). So I thought I would accompany her from airport and show around Chennai for sometime. So the day went like that and didn't do anything much about the project for the last two days. Hoping to do something today, at least I have to get my Screenplay done. But I may be again accompanying her to the examination center.
Between I started doing another Car Model in Maya. This is the 6th car I'm modelling. Among these 6 only 3 is complete. Had to drop other models because of different problems.
The first car I tried was Gallardo (coz i jus luv that Italian beauty) back when I was in first year when I had the least knowledge in Maya and Modelling. I couldn't complete it because I started with box modelling and the mesh got screwed up between. Well I at least tried. Next one was a Ford Shelby GT500 which is my first complete car model. But that too wasn't that satisfying for me because its end mesh is crazy.
My next car was the Ultimate Bugatti Veyron. The first model which give me satisfaction, but still not rendered. It's engine model was the sickest thing I have done in Maya (as a beginner). Then came the model Ford Mustang RTR-X. It's a modified 1967 Shelby GT 500, by team NFS for Need For Speed Shift 2 (I think so,not sure). I was also able to rig this model and also started texturing it. but somewhere in between I totally forgot about it (don't ask how...!!!).
And then came the tuner Mazda RX-7 and it got screwed up because of my laptop started to go nuts when using Maya. So it's currently on hold, but still I loved the way the curves where coming out in that model. You may think-"where the hell is so much curves in RX-7"- I would say watch Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift and check out the beauty Han riding.
Last week I thought its time to take a big step in my car modelling endeavour. So I setup a new project, it said- Lamborghini Reventon.Yep...Reventon it is. But it wasn't that fun modelling a Reventon, don't know why. May be because of all those sharp edges. So again, yesterday I started to model some different car and that's how I started my 6th car model and it is Ford Falcon (the old one-not the new one). I think its a simple model with not much curves, but almost contain flat/straight surfaces. May be the simplest of what I have done so far. Wait for the Picture...!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment