Sunday 8 January 2012

Back to College,Back to Project...!!!

Well I'm back in Chennai and I don't see any sign of the cyclone which struck here during New Year time. Happy it wasn't that bad. Went to college the day I came here and resumed my work on the clay modeling of my project character. I am looking forward to start the digital modeling of my character by this week and I got some advices from our modeling tutor. The character is a vulture. So my tutor asked me to consult with the Rigging professor to come to conclusion about the rigging first and depending on the type of rig the modeling can be started.
Talking about modeling I haven't touched Maya may be for the last 3 weeks. But yesterday I found a new (I guess it's new) software called 'Autodesk123D'. I downloaded and installed the 550MB software even though its in a beta stage. Initial looks reminded me of Blender. Simply speaking we can call it modeling software for beginners/kids. But I like the simplicity of the software while they still have options like Extrude. I think Autodesk is trying to reach into a new level giving the knowledge about 3D space and entertainment to young minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment