Wednesday 25 January 2012

Unwrapping- Baby Vulture

I have been working on unwrapping my first project character in Maya. I thought I would use any 3rd party plugin for it since its a lot easier than UV texture editor in Maya, but I didn't. The unwrapping took some time because I was also modelling my second character and watching lot of movies (playing Trine 2 also).  Now the unwrapping of the character body is done and the leg is remaining, which I could finish soon.
I did the unwrapping on one side of the character since it's going to be mirrored later. I used Planar projection for the wings and Cylindrical for body and leg. The beak I used Planar again and the rest of the face upto neck I used Automatic projection.
The UV's are in weird shapes since the symmetry is not yet applied
There are some stretches here and there which needs to be rectified. On the other hand I am modeling my second character ( Mother Vulture) and its not coming out that great. Anyway I'm still working on that and I intend to start the rigging in this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment